Work with us! We’re looking for experienced and certified Aluminum Welders to join the Advanced Integrated Technologies (AIT) team!
We have an immediate opening for ALUMINUM WELDERS. You must be able to set up welding machines and equipment (both MIG and TIG); read and interpret blueprints to understand the product’s specifications; weld, cut, grind and finish the product; and inspect your work for accuracy and quality and the ability to certify to our processes.
- Must be able to qualify in the following welding process:
- Aluminum TIG and MIG weld Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), and FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding).
- Aluminum 5XXX
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
All Welders are required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3.
- Minimum 5 years Aluminum welding experience
- Aluminum 5XXX experience required
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must pass drug and background screening
- DBIDS eligible
- Must be 18+ years of age
Apply online or reach out to Human Resources at email@example.com or 757-416-7400 to schedule a confidential interview.
View our benefits package HERE.
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.