Welds together metal components of products, such as pipelines, automobiles, boilers, ships, aircraft, as specified by layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, welding procedures, or oral instructions, using electric arc welding equipment.
Level of Education:
- Graduate of high school, GED, trade school, or industrial school; or,
- Shipyard apprenticeship program or supplemental vocational training beyond high school in shipboard installation welding trade.
Job Category: Shipboard Industrial
Job Title: Welder
- Minimum of five (5) years of shipboard experience in the working, manufacturing, repairing, modifying, rebuilding, and assembling various types of metal and alloy parts, equipment, systems, and structures aboard ships.
- Experienced and qualified in welding of materials of the general types HY80/100, NiCu, L Cres, and, aluminum alloys.
- Possess practical knowledge of welding principles and skills to meet optimum welding parameters to accomplish acceptable welds in accordance with fabrication standards of NAVSEA S9074-AR-G1B-010/278.
- Certification in accordance with Government approved welding standards of NAVSEA S9074-AQ-G1B-010/248 for the specified materials and joint positions in MIL-STD-22.
- Performing layout from orthographic, detail, sectional, assembly and isometric drawings, specifications, and oral instructions; and ability to read and interpret structural material identification symbols/abbreviations, weld symbols, and blueprint terminology and layout.
Qualified applicant must be able to work aboard ships, climbing, bending, and working in confined spaces. Must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible for a government security clearance. Drug testing required before hiring.
Five (5) years experience in Auxiliary systems, including; HM&E system repair, installation, modification, and testing of Navy equipment or systems.
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.