Date posted: February 1, 2018
The Pipe Welder must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to cut, weld, and perform other hot work on piping as required. The pipe welder may be required to pass appropriate certification tests.
The following is a list of typical work that a Pipe Welder might be asked to perform:
- Lay out work to be performed from written and oral instructions. Select most effective welding sequence.
- Perform or directs all necessary actions to ensure proper and adequate weldments are created in accordance with industry and/or Navy standards, the higher standard will be met.
- Create weldments, utilizing a variety of procedures, which must pass visual (VT), magnetic particle (MT), liquid penetrant (LPT), and/or radiographic inspections (RT), as appropriate.
- Coordinates and arranges for the work of several trades in connection with performing work from information received from technical work documents, blueprints, specifications, written and/or oral instructions.
- Must pass background and drug screenings
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.