We’re looking for an experienced Marine Technician to join our AIT Pleasure Craft team!
Marine technicians inspect, maintain, and repair boats of all kinds. Using diagnostic equipment, they test and repair boat engines, hulls, propellers, rigging, masts, sails, and navigational equipment. They also install and test sanitation and refrigeration systems, cabinetry, electrical systems, steering gear, and accessories.
This position requires mechanical and electrical boat repair experience. This position requires mechanical knowledge or background from marine, automotive, motorsports or heavy equipment repair. Pay is based on experience. Technical experience is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Inspection of boats and motors as they are received
– Troubleshoot and repair boats & engines for customers and dealer stock
– Outboard engine installation and rigging of new boats and repowers
– On water testing of new and repaired boats to verify proper operation
– Installation of accessories and electronics
– Complete Warranty repairs in a timely matter
– Able to winterize & shrinkwrap boats
– Keep a clean and safe working area
– Follow procedures with attention to detail
– Prioritize and meet deadlines
– Communicate with customers in a professional manner & Data entry of time and parts used
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.