Advanced Integrated Technology is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to support the activities of the Vice President located in Norfolk, VA. The ideal candidate should be detail-orientated and well prepared, ensuring that the leader is able to perform at peak productivity. The person in this role will be professional in interactions with senior level leaders and their assistants, have excellent judgment and discretion, and possess good writing/editing skills.
- Managing schedule/calendar and keeping the VP on time, as well as being prepared with the right information and necessary documents for use in meetings and discussion
- Receiving and screening communications, including telephone calls and e-mail messages, and providing assistance using independent judgment to determine which require priority attention
- Prioritize, channel, and facilitate communication from staff members, business partners and customers
Proactively provide necessary information flow to team members (emails, staff meetings, skip levels, All Hands, one-on-one meetings)
- Scheduling and coordinating logistical details for teleconference/ video teleconference meetings, as well as all details relating to face to face team meetings
- Ability to manage complex calendar and travel schedules, prepare all expense reports
- Composing and editing correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, reports and other related documents
- Assist in editing/refining confidential documents
- Track and order supplies, as required
- Coordinate visitor requests
- Arranging conference rooms, catering, and off-site venues
- Attending staff meetings, as required, take meeting notes to distribute to appropriate parties
- Completing other duties and special projects as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant and handling confidential material preferred
- Must be reliable, organized, flexible and prioritize effectively
- Able to work all levels of management
- Due to sensitive information, complete confidentiality is extremely important to this role
- Exercise mature judgment and able to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to proactively anticipate and identify needs and expectations of department and integrate into work process
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Professional presence and phone/reception skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate a sense of urgency to accomplish the tasks requested.
- Minimum: High school diploma
- Minimum: 3 years in demanding office administrative environment
- Strong organizational skills are required — as well as excellent computer skills that include mail merge, database and spreadsheet competence.
- Keyboarding skills at 50 WPM;
- Demonstrated superior proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Physical Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be required to do the following when working in the office or warehouse environment:
- The employee must, at times, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds when handling donations, documents and files in a mixed office and warehouse.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision while working with documents, computer screens, and filing.
- Regularly required to talk and hear when communicating with employees, donors, and clients.
The use of hands and fingers are necessary to handle or feel documents and keyboards.
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.