Work with us! We’re looking for a qualified and experienced TEAM LEADS to join the Advanced Integrated Technologies (AIT) team!
SUMMARY: AIT Team Leads help oversee our teams and provide effective guidance. Team Leads should be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills as well as leadership, organization, communication abilities and time management.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledgeable in SPEC items/drawings
- Maintain hot work tickets/CP update and all hot work procedures are in place (written and submitted) prior to the start of hot work
- Pre-orders tools prior to start of tasking
- Assign Manning as per Production Manager’s direction
- Constant job surveillance and house cleaning issues on the job sites
- Perform daily safety inspections and correct any discrepancies
- Review QA work books weekly with Project Team and ensure all work steps are up to date
- Prior to the start of work in spaces, accomplish a 009-06 and submit report
- Daily status/manning reports
- Job box training
- Assess and document trades proficiency and provide input for annual evaluations
- Accident site inspections
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Coordinate tag outs with QA WAF representative and maintain tag out control between RA and Ship’s Force.
- Inspect and maintain blank and interference logs.
- Create a daily work plan which identifies, sequences and coordinates resources needed to successfully complete the assigned project (rigging, Hot work, Cold work, etc.)
- Oversees the testing and material documentation of required repairs or alterations responsible for.
- Manage employees and sub-contractors according to the established policies and practices of (customer, AIT, Surge Force and OSHA)
- Oversee employees and sub-contractors safety and health practices
- Report an injuries or incidents (fires, dropped loads, lost GFM, etc) to senior management immediately upon discovery.
- Coordinates required inspections and reports related to the job based on specifications and NAVSEA Standard items
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Communicate schedule changes, deliverables, test completion and resources needs to the Project Manager daily on the progress of the project.
- Inventory and order needed GFM and required material
- Muster employees during evacuation, daily at job site and during required job box training, (If Project Manager is not available.)
- Oversees the quality and safety of the work site with the project team daily to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Oversees the daily maintenance of site work areas and makes sure that maintenance actions are completed IAW requirements (SCP, Scaffolding CP, Temporary Services, cleanliness)
- Verifies the completeness and accuracy of employees logged information in PM’s daily status reports.
- Graduate of high school, trade or industrial school
- Minimum of three (3) years leading large volume project
- Proficient with Microsoft products
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem resolution and strategic planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to ready blueprints and schematics
- Working knowledge of ship/submarine spaces and layout
- Knowledge of NAVSEA standard items.
AIT offers competitive wages with full benefits (medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability).
Get paid what you are worth. Sign-on bonus available to the right person. Details discussed at time of interview.
Apply online or reach out to Human Resources at email@example.com or 757-222-5981 to schedule a
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.