Advanced Integrated Technologies was honored to contribute as a Bay Sponsor and to field a team of fishermen in the 2015 Southside Boys and Girls Club of Virginia Flounder Fishing Tourney held on July 17, 2015 in the beautiful waters of the Chesapeake Bay. Representing the Norfolk-based ship repair and alteration company were two AIT employees, Matt Masciangelo and Bob Demerly, and their guests, Turner Jones and (Skipper) Conner McManus. Unhampered by wind or sea, the team landed a half dozen keepers and enjoyed a well earned afternoon away from the shipyards.
Top prizes in the event went to the following teams and individuals:
- Carolyn Brown – Women’s division winner – biggest flounder – 5.3 lbs
- Extreme Rehab – Biggest Flounder – 7.1 lbs
- Bragging Rights – Biggest Sponsor Flounder – 4.8 lbs
- Stringer – Grandma’s Leg – 15.3 lbs.
- Under 15 winner – Jack Limroth – total 10.4 lbs
- Biggest Oyster Toad – Lone Squid – it was big!
- 1st Prize – Paige II, Total weight – 17.1 lbs
- 2nd Prize – Grandma’s Leg, Total weight – 15.3 lbs
- 3rd Prize – No Regrets, Total weight – 12.9 lbs
- 4th Prize – Look & Hook, Total weight – 11.8 lbs
- 5th Prize – Extreme Rehab, Total weight – 11.5 lbs
- 6th Prize – Hogchoker, Total weight – 11.0 lbs
The Southside Boys and Girls Club of Virginia is an affiliate of the National Boys and Girls Club, providing kids a safe place to learn and grow, ongoing relationships with caring adult professionals, life-enhancing programs and character development experiences, hope, and opportunity.
For more information about the Southside Boys and Girls club of Virginia, visit www.ssbandgc.org.